- 1 Top 5 Foot Massagers Comparison
- 2 Reviews
- 3 A Helpful Buying Guide
- 4 How Can Regular Foot Massage Help You Get Rid of Health Problems?
Top 5 Foot Massagers Comparison
|1. HoMedics FMS-270H||2. Brookstone 839379 Shiatsu||3. Belmint Shiatsu||4. uComfy 9209 Shiatsu||5. 3Q MG-F18|
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||14.5″ x 13.5″ x 4.5″||17″ x 13″ x 9″||18.1″ x 17.7″ x 15″||16.8″ x 16.3″ x 12.6″||18″ x 13″ x 9″|
|Weight||6.8 Lbs||12.6 Lbs||12 Lbs||12.3 Lbs||10.6 Lbs|
|Foot Size Fit||Any Foot Size||12.5 Men’s Size; 14 Women’s Size||14 Men’s Size||14 Men’s Size||N/A|
|Power Supply||AC 120V / 60Hz||AC 120V / 60Hz||AC 120V / 60Hz||AC 120V / 60Hz||AC 120V / 60Hz|
|Air Pressure Massage|
|Independent Foot Chambers|
|Selectable Heat Level|
|Other Features||Maintenance-Free||3 Automatic Massage Programs||3 Selectable Vibration-Intensity Levels||Vibration Massage||Automatic Shut-Off|
|LED Lighting for Heating Activation||Zip-Out Linings||Personalized Massage Settings||Removable and Washable Cloth Cover||Removable and Washable Cloth Cover|
|6 Rotational Heads||Easy-Grab Handle||Removable and Washable Cloth Cover|
|18 Massage Nodes||Fast Heating|
|Product Warranty||2 Years||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year||1 Year|
HoMedics FMS-270HMade by HoMedics, a trusted brand in health and wellness, this massager is a real blessing for your feet. It has an attractive yet simple design, so it is both stylish and easy to use. We have gathered here all the information you need to know about how it functions and which are its strongest points, so the final decision is all yours. A good thing to keep in mind is that the manufacturer will cover any malfunction within 2 years from the date of purchase and offers full customer support during the entire lifetime of the product.
PerformanceCombining Shiatsu massage with heat function, the massager is exactly what you need to relax and get a good night’s sleep. It is equipped with multiple massage nodes and rotational heads that pamper your tired feet at the end of the day.
- Shiatsu massage: reduces tension while improving peripheral circulation. As a result, you will enjoy full body relaxation.
- 6 triple rotational heads: provide a circular kneading motion up and down the length of the feet.
- Heat function: the heat soothes your feet and helps them relax. It is optional and for more convenience, a LED light will come on to make you aware of your selection.
ConvenienceThe foot massager is very easy to use and comes with a generous platform. At the same time, it features a lightweight and small design. All these aspects increase its convenience and value.
- Compact model: it is ideal for small apartments and houses as it can be stored in tight places.
- Portable design: the fact that is lightweight allows you to take it in your business trips.
- Large platform: features 2 foot chambers that can fit any foot size. Therefore, the entire family can enjoy a relaxing massage.
- Built-in controls: comes with toe-touch controls that can be pressed with your toe. Push the button once to begin the massage session and twice to activate the heat function.
- Webbed fabric: covers the mechanism of the unit. When you select the heat function it acts like a barrier for your feet.
- Automatic shut-off: after 15 minutes of inactivity. This safety feature prevents any possible incidents.
Brookstone 839379 Shiatsu
- Next in line is this massager that can become your favorite relaxation form after a long and full day. Although it’s rather bulky, you won’t have problems using it and you will actually love the generous space it offers for your feet. Still, keep in mind that it only fits 12.5 men’s size and 14 women’s size so make sure you fit between these numbers. It has separate feet chambers for maximum comfort and is very silent in operating. The linings in each chamber are made of fabric and feature a zip that lets you remove them for easy washing. Also, to ease transportation, the massager comes with a carry handle. To prevent you from bending, the massager has toe-touch controls for ease of use.
- As the name itself says, this massager delivers a comforting shiatsu massage that will relieve the pressure and pain in your feet. Plus, it offers a kneading massage and a heating massage with adjustable heat levels in order to allow you to customize your massage. Since everyone’s need might be different, you can also choose from two intensity levels and 3 automatic massage programs called Pulse, Soothe, and Energize, each designed to offer versatility and to adapt to your needs. As an addition, the Brookstone 839379 includes an air pressure massage feature that includes airbags located in pressure key points. The 1-year warranty covers this massager so you won’t have to worry about potential malfunctions.
- Whenever you want to feel better and to alleviate the pain in your feet, you can count on this model specially designed to relax your feet. It’s larger than other models mainly because it has a foot size fit of men’s 14 size and it provides plenty of room in the independent foot chambers. The cloth covers are removable and washable so you can always keep your massager clean until the next use.
- The performance of a massage device can be seen in the variety of choices and features it offers and you won’t be disappointed with what this one has to offer. Besides the shiatsu technique it includes, you will also enjoy a kneading massage that will offer a real-life feeling of a powerful massage in pressure points. The heated massage delivered has adjustable heat levels so you can choose the intensity according to your preferences. In addition, you can also choose between 3 levels of vibrations and 5 different massage settings. For any problems you might experience with this device, there is a 1-year warranty that will cover any repairs.
uComfy 9209 Shiatsu
- We continue the list of the greatest massagers with this comfortable device that will help you relax no matter how tired and achy your feet might be. It was designed to fit people with large feet thanks to the spacious independent foot chambers with covers that stay warm to touch and can be removed and washed. You can control it with your toes so you won’t have to keep bending over to reach the buttons.
- As for the massage delivered, you can either choose a relaxing shiatsu, a heated massage that will accelerate your blood circulation, a kneading massage for achy spots, or an air pressure massage for the ultimate relaxation. There are 5 pre-set massage intensity settings that allow you to select the level that makes you feel the most comfortable. Thanks to the 1-year warranty and the customer support offered, you will enjoy only the best of your uComfy 9209 Shiatsu foot massager.
- Our last recommendation comes from 3Q and is addressed to those who want a small and easy to carry device that doesn’t sacrifice either foot space nor performance. The two independent foot chambers are large enough to fit 14 men’s size feet so there is no need to worry that one member of your family won’t be able to use it. The controls are conveniently located on the top of the device and can be easily accessed using the toes.
- The massage performance of this unit is very impressive if you consider all the types of massages it delivers. Starting with the popular shiatsu, there are other three types available, including a heated massage with adjustable heat levels, an intense kneading massage, and an air pressure setting, all designed to offer you different massage intensities. A useful feature of this device is the automatic shut-off that turns it off in case you stop using it for 15 minutes in order to prevent energy waste and accidents.
- Besides these 5 models, we also recommend you this massager made by Miko. In order to relax your feet, it delivers a deep-kneading massage that helps improve blood circulation by stimulating the pressure points. You can customize the massage session by choosing the desired pressure level. There are 5 pressure levels available. At the same time, the natural vibration and rolling technique help alleviate tired muscles. You can also opt for the heat function to enjoy a nice, gentle warmth. For added safety, the unit features a 15-minute automatic shut-off.
- The nice design and ease of use of this massager make it a popular choice among users. It measures approximately 17 x 16 x 7 inches, so is compact enough to store it pretty much anywhere in the house. It weighs 12 pounds and comes in a beautiful charcoal grey color. The user-friendly control panel is located in the center, between the 2 independent foot chambers. The soft touch controls allow you to select the pressure level, the kneading or the heat function. It also includes 2 remote controls. The cloth cover can be removed and washed, so you can keep the interior clean without any hassle. The massager is covered by a 1-year warranty with the possibility to return it if you are not satisfied with the results.
A Helpful Buying GuideMost people neglect their feet and when they think about a relaxing massage, they concentrate more on the upper body. Well, you should know that a foot massage is a great way to relieve stress and relax, as well as to ease tired and sore feet. There are many people who opt for an electronic foot massage to enjoy a therapeutic massage session, but since there are so many models to choose from, this process can be quite difficult. However, we will help you with some tips that will guide you in selecting the best foot massager for your needs, so keep reading for more information.
This is the most important aspect to consider when looking for a unit, so it’s best to first know more about the most common massaging types. Usually, the top-rated models feature more types, including vibrations, kneading, Shiatsu, and others. Each of them works on different principles, and there are some machines that can combine more concomitantly. Also, some models offer you the possibility to enjoy a heated massage or even an air pressure one.
The more features, the more possibilities to choose from when it comes to customizing your massage session. In general, the highly rated models come with separate foot chambers and they also feature toe-touch controls for more convenience. Additionally, you will surely appreciate the automatic shut-off feature for ease of mind, the fact that you can remove and wash the cloth cover, or that you can select the intensity level.
Construction and Size
Before deciding upon a model, make sure it’s made of durable materials to enjoy it for many years. The most reliable brands pay a special attention to this aspect, choosing only high-quality materials to manufacture them. At the same time, you have to consider the size of the massager, keeping in mind that your feet have to feel comfortable at all times. Also, if you want to move the unit from one place to another, you may want to buy a lighter model.
The warranty of a product is a proof that the manufacturer stays behind it, so in case there’s something wrong with it, the customer service department will repair or replace it. Even though most units feature a standard 1-year warranty, there are some models that come with a more generous warranty. Additionally, for more ease of mind, you can also extend the warranty if you want to rest asured even after the standard warranty runs out.
How Can Regular Foot Massage Help You Get Rid of Health Problems?
For treating a particular health condition, we take medications that usually have side effects. This may be worth the risk when dealing with serious diseases but for simple headaches or feet pain, you may have a second thought.
Fact: According to NHS Digital, in the past 10 years, the prescriptions for pain drugs – such as codeine or tramadol – have doubled.
The same goes if you’re fighting depression or have trouble slipping at night. Medication may help you but isn’t there another way to improve your health?
Fact: The latest studies show that a 15-minute or 20-minute foot massage session can help improve mental health or reduce pain. And this without taking any medication.Considering the fact that there are more than 7000 nerves in the feet, let’s take a look at what regular foot massage can do for your health.
- Reduces Body Pain: it doesn’t only reduce foot pain caused by sore feet or common foot conditions – such as arthritis, plantar fasciitis, flat feet. It can also help you get rid of headaches, neck pain, back pain, etc.
- Relieves Depression and Anxiety: foot massage – like any massage – helps body relax. Therefore, frequent sessions are highly effective in reducing anxiety and depression./li>
- Increases the Blood Flow: poor circulation can have many causes, including a sedentary lifestyle. Among the most common symptoms are cold feet and hands, muscle cramping, digestive disorders, or varicose veins. A foot massage helps improve circulation which is essential for the overall health.
- Improves Sleep: among others an unrestful sleep can affect your mood and concentration. Since foot massage improves blood circulation, it also helps have a better night sleep. For best results, massage your feet before going to bed.