Top 5 Foot Massagers Comparison
ReviewsA good massage can make you feel much better after a tiresome day and can help you improve your overall health condition. Standing for many hours a day or having to take long trips by foot are devastating for your feet and can cause many health problems related to poor blood circulation. If going to a massage salon for a relaxing session is impossible for you or you simply want to enjoy a quick massage when you arrive home, nothing is more appropriate than a foot massager. These small and practical devices can do wonders for the health of your feet so don’t hesitate to buy one and to help you make the best purchase, we reveal the top 5 units that we believe to be the best rated.
- At the top of our recommendations, you will find this unit from HoMedics that we liked for more than one reason. The design of this model is very attractive and clearly contributes to its popularity. It’s a compact model, which makes it easy to use and perfect for small homes. It’s also very lightweight so you can easily carry it around or borrow it to a friend. Also, it can fit any foot size so there aren’t any restrictions regarding the user, meaning the entire family can enjoy a relaxing massage without the need of purchasing several units. It has independent foot chambers so you will be comfortable while using it and every selection can be made using your toes.
- When it comes to the quality of the massage delivered, you will be impressed with how well this massager will make you feel. It offers a shiatsu massage feature that will make you feel less tense and will improve your peripheral circulation, thus contributing to a better health. The 18 massage nodes feel like fingers tickling and pressing your feet so you will enjoy a realistic massage experience. Also, there are 6 rotational heads that complete the massage feeling along with a kneading massage and a heated massage. When you choose the heated feature, a LED light will come on to make you aware of your selection. After finishing your massage, you can rest assured knowing that the massager will turn off after a short time of standby. Any malfunction will be covered by the limited 2-year warranty and you will also enjoy full customer support.
Brookstone 839379 Shiatsu
- Next in line is this massager that can become your favorite relaxation form after a long and full day. Although it’s rather bulky, you won’t have problems using it and you will actually love the generous space it offers for your feet. Still, keep in mind that it only fits 12.5 men’s size and 14 women’s size so make sure you fit between these numbers. It has separate feet chambers for maximum comfort and is very silent in operating. The linings in each chamber are made of fabric and feature a zip that lets you remove them for easy washing. Also, to ease transportation, the massager comes with a carry handle. To prevent you from bending, the massager has toe-touch controls for ease of use.
- As the name itself says, this massager delivers a comforting shiatsu massage that will relieve the pressure and pain in your feet. Plus, it offers a kneading massage and a heating massage with adjustable heat levels in order to allow you to customize your massage. Since everyone’s need might be different, you can also choose from two intensity levels and 3 automatic massage programs called Pulse, Soothe, and Energize, each designed to offer versatility and to adapt to your needs. As an addition, the Brookstone 839379 includes an air pressure massage feature that includes airbags located in pressure key points. The 1-year warranty covers this massager so you won’t have to worry about potential malfunctions.
- Whenever you want to feel better and to alleviate the pain in your feet, you can count on this model specially designed to relax your feet. It’s larger than other models mainly because it has a foot size fit of men’s 14 size and it provides plenty of room in the independent foot chambers. The cloth covers are removable and washable so you can always keep your massager clean until the next use.
- The performance of a massage device can be seen in the variety of choices and features it offers and you won’t be disappointed with what this one has to offer. Besides the shiatsu technique it includes, you will also enjoy a kneading massage that will offer a real-life feeling of a powerful massage in pressure points. The heated massage delivered has adjustable heat levels so you can choose the intensity according to your preferences. In addition, you can also choose between 3 levels of vibrations and 5 different massage settings. For any problems you might experience with this device, there is a 1-year warranty that will cover any repairs.
uComfy 9209 Shiatsu
- We continue the list of the greatest massagers with this comfortable device that will help you relax no matter how tired and achy your feet might be. It was designed to fit people with large feet thanks to the spacious independent foot chambers with covers that stay warm to touch and can be removed and washed. You can control it with your toes so you won’t have to keep bending over to reach the buttons.
- As for the massage delivered, you can either choose a relaxing shiatsu, a heated massage that will accelerate your blood circulation, a kneading massage for achy spots, or an air pressure massage for the ultimate relaxation. There are 5 pre-set massage intensity settings that allow you to select the level that makes you feel the most comfortable. Thanks to the 1-year warranty and the customer support offered, you will enjoy only the best of your uComfy 9209 Shiatsu foot massager.
- Our last recommendation comes from 3Q and is addressed to those who want a small and easy to carry device that doesn’t sacrifice either foot space nor performance. The two independent foot chambers are large enough to fit 14 men’s size feet so there is no need to worry that one member of your family won’t be able to use it. The controls are conveniently located on the top of the device and can be easily accessed using the toes.
- The massage performance of this unit is very impressive if you consider all the types of massages it delivers. Starting with the popular shiatsu, there are other three types available, including a heated massage with adjustable heat levels, an intense kneading massage, and an air pressure setting, all designed to offer you different massage intensities. A useful feature of this device is the automatic shut-off that turns it off in case you stop using it for 15 minutes in order to prevent energy waste and accidents.
A Helpful Buying GuideMost people neglect their feet and when they think about a relaxing massage, they concentrate more on the upper body. Well, you should know that a foot massage is a great way to relieve stress and relax, as well as to ease tired and sore feet. There are many people who opt for an electronic foot massage to enjoy a therapeutic massage session, but since there are so many models to choose from, this process can be quite difficult. However, we will help you with some tips that will guide you in selecting the best foot massager for your needs, so keep reading for more information.
This is the most important aspect to consider when looking for a unit, so it’s best to first know more about the most common massaging types. Usually, the top-rated models feature more types, including vibrations, kneading, Shiatsu, and others. Each of them works on different principles, and there are some machines that can combine more concomitantly. Also, some models offer you the possibility to enjoy a heated massage or even an air pressure one.
The more features, the more possibilities to choose from when it comes to customizing your massage session. In general, the highly rated models come with separate foot chambers and they also feature toe-touch controls for more convenience. Additionally, you will surely appreciate the automatic shut-off feature for ease of mind, the fact that you can remove and wash the cloth cover, or that you can select the intensity level.
Construction and Size
Before deciding upon a model, make sure it’s made of durable materials to enjoy it for many years. The most reliable brands pay a special attention to this aspect, choosing only high-quality materials to manufacture them. At the same time, you have to consider the size of the massager, keeping in mind that your feet have to feel comfortable at all times. Also, if you want to move the unit from one place to another, you may want to buy a lighter model.
The warranty of a product is a proof that the manufacturer stays behind it, so in case there’s something wrong with it, the customer service department will repair or replace it. Even though most units feature a standard 1-year warranty, there are some models that come with a more generous warranty. Additionally, for more ease of mind, you can also extend the warranty if you want to rest asured even after the standard warranty runs out.